With its Schneider Sustainability Impact (SSI) dashboard, the company tracks and discloses quarterly progress to meet concrete targets related to climate, resources, trust, equal opportunities, generations, and local communities. Q1 2022 results are on track towards end year objective of 4.70 out of 10, with a compiled score of 4.00.
“I’m pleased with the progress made since the start of the year and how we’ve maintained our focus on sustainability despite complex and challenging social and market dynamics,” said Gwenaelle Avice-Huet, Schneider Electric’s Chief Strategy and Sustainability Officer, who recently took over from Olivier Blum, now Executive Vice President Energy Management. “It is with confidence and energy that I start my tenure as CSSO for this uniquely committed company that does not shy away from its purpose and always applies its experience and expertise to create more global and local impacts.”
First-quarter sustainability highlights
- Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxureTM solutions helped customers and suppliers make significant decarbonization progress, and reduce their CO2 emissions by 358 million tonnes since 2018. It also extended its climate strategy partnerships with Plastic Omnium and NSG Group.
- In partnership with the Solar Impulse Foundation, Schneider Electric hosted a three-month exhibition at its flagship Intencity building in Grenoble, France, entitled 1000+ Solutions for Cities, where hundreds of visitors were able to discover and learn more about concrete and available solutions for sustainable urban environments.
- Schneider Electric now only uses recycled cardboard in all its distribution centers in India, China and Europe, and is progressing on green materials by joining the industry-led initiative ResponsibleSteel to ensure that the steel contained in its products comes from responsible sourcing and production and reduces their environmental footprint.
- Schneider Electric also launched a pilot project with over 100 strategic suppliers to help set up its decent work program that will be rolled-out later this year.
- New major partnerships launched in this first quarter in India and South America will help to accelerate and train more people in energy management.
- Schneider Electric, with the support of its Foundation and the individual contributions of thousands of employees, raised over €2M in donations to directly support Ukrainian colleagues and their families affected by the crisis.
- Schneider Electric also donated equipment worth €4M to help restore essential energy supplies in Ukraine and the Schneider Electric Foundation continues to work with local NGOs in support of the local community.
Find more details in the first-quarter 2022 report of Schneider’s Sustainability Impact program, including the progress dashboard:
Recent sustainability awards and recognition
- Schneider Electric recognized in Corporate Knights’ Global 100 for the 11th year in a row and on its Carbon Clean 200 list for the 7th year
- Schneider Electric won Best Value Chain Engagement at the EcoVadis Sustainable Procurement Leadership Awards 2022
- The Ethisphere® Institute names Schneider Electric as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 2022 for the 11th year
- Schneider Electric’s commitment to DEI recognized by Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index for fifth year in a row
- Schneider Electric listed in Equileap’s Gender Equality Global Ranking 2022
- Schneider Electric lands on Fortune’s 2022 World’s Most Admired Companies list for the fifth year in a row
Read about Schneider Electric’s first-quarter 2022 revenues and in dedicated sustainability reports on Climate, Resources, People, Trust, and Social Impact.
Understand Schneider Electric’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) performance:
- 2021 Universal Registration Document
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Sustainability Disclosure Dashboard
About Schneider Electric
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Follow us on:
Discover the newest perspectives shaping sustainability, electricity 4.0, and next generation automation on Schneider Electric Insights
#Sustainability #ESG #Impactcompany #SchneiderElectric